USA Today – According to the latest data, it seems like inflation seems to be getting under control. One of the best indicators is how the stock market took the news on Thursday. The Dow had it’s largest one day gain since 2020, the S&P 500 jumped 5.5% and the NASDAQ went up 7.4% in one day. That also means interest rates won’t need to increase as much as they expected, and your 401K should be looking better!
Nation’s Largest No-Kill Rescue Shelter Opens
Good News Network – A new, no-kill animal shelter has opened in Alabama that can save, rehabilitate and adopt 5,000 dogs per year! This is the nation’s largest no-kill shelter and features a bunch of great programs, including one that unites veterans suffering with PTSD with service dogs and a senior dog center that pairs senior dogs with senior citizens looking for a friend.
First Patient Gets Potentially Cancer-Stopping Pill
Good News Network – A trial has begun on a potentially cancer-stopping pill that was effective in pre-clinical studies to fight reoccurring solid tumors from breast, prostate, brain, ovarian, cervical, skin and lung cancers! The first patient is doing well and the trial will continue over the next two years, but initial signs look very promising! They’re also looking for more patients for this trial.
Parking Lot Solar Farms
Postive.News – In France, Senators have passed legislation that require owners of large parking lots to install solar panels above parking spaces. They say this could generate up to 11 gigawatts of power, which is equivalent to a dozen nuclear reactors. Now even if you don’t like that same idea here (even though it would keep your car cool during the summer and shield your car from snow), if they can lower usage of traditional energy sources in Europe, that’ll translate to cheaper energy prices here!
🎧 Listen live today at 4PM or later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- Should they let her move in?LISTEN: His son wants his girlfriend to move in with them as her parents are moving to the west coast.
- Should he cancel the subscriptions?LISTEN: His wife subscribes to many streaming services that she doesn’t watch.
- Should she be worried about being replaced?LISTEN: Her company just hired another person to ‘help’ her with her position…
- Is it okay to have a child-free wedding?LISTEN: This woman would like to have a child-free wedding, but her friend thinks that’s impolite.
- Should she tell her husband what happened?LISTEN: Her brother in law tried to kiss her. Should she say something or leave it alone?
- How can they get him to wear a jacket?LISTEN: Their 11 year old son refuses to wear a jacket despite the cold weather.
- What should she do about the ‘hideous’ ring?LISTEN: She told her fiancé that she wasn’t a fan of his ring and he was offended.
- How can I find out whose it was and apologize?LISTEN: I took someone else’s chili from the fridge and need to find out whose it was!
- What should they do about this employee?LISTEN: Clients love this employee, but he’s being difficult in the office.
- Does he need to end the friendship?LISTEN: He and his best friend used to date in high school and his current girlfriend is uncomfortable with it.
- Is not having social media a red flag?LISTEN: Her new boyfriend claims he’s not on any social media. Is that a red flag?
- How much should she charge her boyfriend?LISTEN: This woman wants to ask her boyfriend to move in, but he would pay more than he does now.
- How can he modernize their workplace?LISTEN: His workplace is stuck in the past and people are resisting change. What can he do?
- Do you know of a couple “living apart together”?LISTEN: Many married couples are now living alone. Is it a good idea?
- Can they control where she lives?LISTEN: Their daughter will be a Junior in college and wants to move into an apartment with two guys.
- What’s important in a dating profile?LISTEN: What should you focus on when you’re putting together your dating profile?
- His fiancé doesn’t want wedding photos…LISTEN: His fiancé doesn’t want photos at their wedding. What should they do?
- Should they let him play sports?LISTEN: Their son’s grades are slipping. Should they let him keep playing sports?
- Her husband has been tracking her…LISTEN: Her husband has been tracking her location for years. What should she do?
- How can she become comfortable being single?LISTEN: How can you stop being a ‘serial monogamist’ and be happy alone?