Here are some feel-good, positive news stories that you may have missed this week!
New Farm Robot Reduces Chemical Spray by 95%
A new robot uses artificial intelligence to specifically target and treat 500,000 plants per hour! This allows big farms to use 95% less chemical weed killer, which means less pesticides getting into our foods, waterways and environment.
A couple in Arizona tied the knot in the same place they met… the mayonnaise aisle! The two of them happened to both be looking for mayonnaise at the same time when their paths crossed. They chatted, exchanged numbers, and the rest is history! If you’re single and you haven’t been having a lot of luck with dating or with the apps, this gives you hope that you might meet ‘the one’ in the most unexpected place!
Free Village Oven to Save on Energy
As we all know, heating and electric prices are up considerably this year, especially in Europe. A baker in a small town in England has revived the tradition of the ‘village oven’! He’s allowing members of the community to come by his bakery and use his oven for free! People can drop their cakes or baked goods off on Friday and pick it up on Monday!
Teen Raises Money to Help 81-Year-Old Co–Worker Retire
An 81-year-old woman had been working at Walmart for the last 20 years just to pay her bills and mortgage, until she received a blessing from a 19-year-old co-worker! Devan saw her looking tired and exhausted in their breakroom, so he posted a video on his tiktok with the caption “Life shouldn’t b (sic) this hard”. After being encouraged to in the comments, he started up a GoFundMe for her, and within 24 hours they had raised $110,000! In the end, the GoFundMe raised $186,000 which was enough to pay off her mortgage and finally she’ll be able to retire in peace as of January 1st.
Hydrogen Jet Engine Test Successful
There’s been a lot of focus on electric cars lately and trying to reduce carbon emissions from all sorts of things in our daily lives, but one of the biggest pollutants are airplanes. Rolls-Royce and easyJet have teamed up to develop and test the world’s first modern jet engine that runs on hydrogen fuel! Electric engines aren’t practical in jets because they need a lot of energy and batteries aren’t able to recharge fast enough. These hydrogen engines would have zero carbon emissions.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!
- Plastic Waste Declining, CA Drought Relief & More!Australia cut plastic waste by nearly 30%, TikTok allowed another senior to retire and more!
- Brain Cancer And Weight Loss Breakthroughs & More!From a new cancer treatment to a man in Buffalo saving 24 people, here are some good news stories from this week!