Here are some feel-good, positive news stories that you may have missed this week!
A poll of 2,000 people found 58% of them would be happy to receive a pre-owned item for the holidays, and 46% would be happy to give one. The people who feel there’s a stigma behind giving used gifts has now dropped to just 26%. A manager at Amazon says, “Pre-owned doesn’t have to mean worn or outdated, often products have simply been unboxed but still work as good as new.”
The more accepted pre-owned gifts become, the more we can reuse what we already have and save perfectly fine stuff from going into landfills. Plus when you buy used, that money typically goes to charities, local businesses (thrift shops) or people like you and me, who can then spend that extra cash on essentials or more things for our families.
Small Village Wins Massive Jackpot!
Residents of a village in Belgium are splitting a $150 million dollar jackpot, which will give each resident roughly $900,000 after taxes. This is the first time a group this large has won this much in Belgium. One of the residents plans on using the money to fulfill a lifelong dream to travel to the United States for a few months and hike the Grand Canyon. Another resident plans to split it among their children and grandchildren!
TikTok Transforms Tiny Taco Restaurant
A couple of sisters in Illinois opened a taco restaurant called Taco-Bout-Joy’s and at first business was tough. One of their daughters posted a TikTok showing her mom watching the front door, hoping people would come in as the restaurant remained empty. She captioned the video ‘I wish I could give her customers for Christmas’.
Thankfully her wish came true, as the next day the video took off, and they had so many customers that the sisters had to hire more people to fulfill the orders! Since then, the restaurant has been named one of “Chicago’s Best Mexican Restaurants”!
Do you feel stressed out going onto Twitter and seeing some of the crazy beliefs that people have, or how angry/upset people get over everything? Take a deep breath, because Twitter is certainly not a representation of our society as a whole!
According to a poll by Pew Research Center, less than 1 out of 4 Americans even use Twitter, with those numbers roughly equal to those who use Snapchat & WhatsApp. Only the top 10% of active users (roughly 2% of Americans) create 138 tweets a month, while the median user in the bottom 90% tweets an average of twice per month.
So all that screaming/complaining/nonsense you see on Twitter really makes up 2% of the United States population. Once again, if you’re stressed out about what you’re seeing on Twitter, just remember that doesn’t represent real life.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!
- Plastic Waste Declining, CA Drought Relief & More!Australia cut plastic waste by nearly 30%, TikTok allowed another senior to retire and more!
- Brain Cancer And Weight Loss Breakthroughs & More!From a new cancer treatment to a man in Buffalo saving 24 people, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Recycled Roads, Alzheimers Detection & More!Read about a Make-A-Wish reunion, to recycled plastic in roads and potential huge breakthroughs in weight loss and Alzheimer’s!
- A Village Jackpot, Pre-Owned Gifts & MoreFrom pre-owned gifts gaining popularity to new stats showing that Twitter only represents a tiny fraction of the population, here are some encouraging stories from this week!
- First Solar Car, Handwritten Letters & More!From the world’s first solar car to thoughtful Japanese fans, these stories will put a smile on your face!
- Hydrogen Jets, AI Weed Killer & More!Read about a new AI weed killing method that uses 95% less spray, TikTok allowing an 81-year-old to retire & more!
- NASA To The Moon, Rent Prices Decreasing & More!Jeff Bezos is donating $100 million/year to charity, rent prices are decreasing and more good news!
- Feel Good Friday – 11/11/22Inflation Peaking? USA Today – According to the latest data, it seems like inflation seems to be getting under control. One of…
- Feel Good Friday – 11/4/22Today we’re sharing some more good news to start your weekend on a high note! Bike Buses From Today – “Bike buses”…
- It’s Feel Good Friday!I want to try something new this week. To balance out the negativity you find on the news and social media, I…