Here are some feel-good, positive news stories that you may have missed this week!
Girl Who Emptied Piggybank for Charity Wins $48 Million Jackpot
Years ago, this then five-year-old girl donated everything she had in her piggy bank to help those affected by an earthquake in Haiti, totaling around $61. Last week she won a $48 million jackpot in Ontario on her 18th birthday! This is a great example of karma; do good things and good things will happen to you!
Unemployment At Lowest Level Since 1969
I want to preface this by saying I’m sure there’s a political spin on these numbers, but remember today we’re just looking at the positives! According to recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate has reached its lowest level in over 50 years, with only 3.4% of the population being without a job. Additionally, the median earnings for workers have increased by 7.4% compared to the previous year, outpacing inflation. The growth has been seen across various industries, including restaurants and bars, retail stores, healthcare facilities, professional and business offices, and construction.
Hydrogen Fuel Directly From Seawater
Scientists from the University of Adelaide in Australia have found a new way to make a type of clean energy called green hydrogen. They did this by using seawater instead of normal water and without having to clean or treat the seawater first. The scientists used two special materials to help them split the seawater into hydrogen and oxygen, and the result was just as good as using normal water. Now, the team wants to make their process bigger so it can be used to make more green hydrogen, which can be used as fuel in things like fuel cells and to make other chemicals.
High School Graduation Increase In NY
New York state high school graduation rates rose last year, attributed to years of improvements starting in elementary schools. High school seniors in Albany now have a designated case manager to track progress. Teams meet weekly to address the most at-risk students’ needs in social-emotional skills, mental health, behavior, and academics.
Bonus story! Chick-fil-A Opening 3 Local Locations; First As Soon As Next Month!
So I didn’t think was important enough to share on-air, but if you live in the Capital Region, three Chick-fil-A’s are coming very soon to Clifton Park, North Greenbush and Colonie, with the first location potentially opening in Clifton Park as soon as mid-March!
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!
- Plastic Waste Declining, CA Drought Relief & More!Australia cut plastic waste by nearly 30%, TikTok allowed another senior to retire and more!
- Brain Cancer And Weight Loss Breakthroughs & More!From a new cancer treatment to a man in Buffalo saving 24 people, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Recycled Roads, Alzheimers Detection & More!Read about a Make-A-Wish reunion, to recycled plastic in roads and potential huge breakthroughs in weight loss and Alzheimer’s!
- A Village Jackpot, Pre-Owned Gifts & MoreFrom pre-owned gifts gaining popularity to new stats showing that Twitter only represents a tiny fraction of the population, here are some encouraging stories from this week!
- First Solar Car, Handwritten Letters & More!From the world’s first solar car to thoughtful Japanese fans, these stories will put a smile on your face!
- Hydrogen Jets, AI Weed Killer & More!Read about a new AI weed killing method that uses 95% less spray, TikTok allowing an 81-year-old to retire & more!
- NASA To The Moon, Rent Prices Decreasing & More!Jeff Bezos is donating $100 million/year to charity, rent prices are decreasing and more good news!
- Feel Good Friday – 11/11/22Inflation Peaking? USA Today – According to the latest data, it seems like inflation seems to be getting under control. One of…
- Feel Good Friday – 11/4/22Today we’re sharing some more good news to start your weekend on a high note! Bike Buses From Today – “Bike buses”…
- It’s Feel Good Friday!I want to try something new this week. To balance out the negativity you find on the news and social media, I…