From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week.
Man Donates Entire Jackpot To Charity (Insider)
An anonymous man from South Carolina has donated his $150,000 Powerball jackpot to charity, stating that he “hit enough to make someone happy.” As a result of his charitable donation, he won’t have to pay taxes on his winnings.
New Screen Tech Could Be 1/3 Cheaper & Use Less Power (Techquickie)
NanoLED technology is poised to reduce the cost of TVs and screens. This simpler technology requires fewer materials and is easier to produce than current models, resulting in significantly lower costs. In a few years, new TVs may cost only a third of their current price. The technology also allows screens to be brighter while consuming less power. Not only will this tech be great for TVs, but the lower power consumption will help phones and tablets have a longer battery life!
Old EV Batteries Get New Life (Good News Network)
As electric cars age, the question of what to do with their old batteries becomes crucial. However, a California start-up has tackled this issue by converting 1,300 used EV battery packs into an energy storage facility that stores excess renewable energy. By selling stored energy to the California grid, the company made $1m last year. Not only does that save the batteries from landfills, but it’s quite profitable too! The company plans to expand to Texas and California.
“Right To Repair” Movement Gaining Momentum (Good News Network)
Over 20 US states are proposing laws that would require manufacturers to provide parts and instructions for consumer repairs. Colorado passed a bill for farmers to repair their tractors, and similar legislation has passed or been introduced in other states, including Vermont. The American Farm Bureau Federation and John Deere signed an agreement to ensure farmers’ right to repair. New York signed the Digital Fair Repair Act, requiring manufacturers to make parts and instructions available to repair devices like smartphones and tablets.
Apartment Rents Continue to Decrease (Dwellsy)
According to Dwellsy, a rental listing site, the median asking rent for apartments dropped again in January. The decrease in rent may be due to an increase in supply as newly built rentals enter the market. One-bedroom apartment rents decreased by 1.1% from December to January. Overall, one-bedroom apartment rents have dropped to nearly the same level as a year ago, with an average of $1,295 in January 2023. That’s compared to the peak of $1,325 in August.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!
- Plastic Waste Declining, CA Drought Relief & More!Australia cut plastic waste by nearly 30%, TikTok allowed another senior to retire and more!
- Brain Cancer And Weight Loss Breakthroughs & More!From a new cancer treatment to a man in Buffalo saving 24 people, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Recycled Roads, Alzheimers Detection & More!Read about a Make-A-Wish reunion, to recycled plastic in roads and potential huge breakthroughs in weight loss and Alzheimer’s!
- A Village Jackpot, Pre-Owned Gifts & MoreFrom pre-owned gifts gaining popularity to new stats showing that Twitter only represents a tiny fraction of the population, here are some encouraging stories from this week!
- First Solar Car, Handwritten Letters & More!From the world’s first solar car to thoughtful Japanese fans, these stories will put a smile on your face!
- Hydrogen Jets, AI Weed Killer & More!Read about a new AI weed killing method that uses 95% less spray, TikTok allowing an 81-year-old to retire & more!
- NASA To The Moon, Rent Prices Decreasing & More!Jeff Bezos is donating $100 million/year to charity, rent prices are decreasing and more good news!
- Feel Good Friday – 11/11/22Inflation Peaking? USA Today – According to the latest data, it seems like inflation seems to be getting under control. One of…
- Feel Good Friday – 11/4/22Today we’re sharing some more good news to start your weekend on a high note! Bike Buses From Today – “Bike buses”…
- It’s Feel Good Friday!I want to try something new this week. To balance out the negativity you find on the news and social media, I…