From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
A Michigan woman Dianne Gordon found almost $15,000 cash at a gas station, which belonged to a couple’s wedding gifts. Despite needing the money to fix her broken car, she turned it in to the police. The couple was overwhelmed by her honesty, and a fundraiser was set up that raised over $82,000 for her. She was overwhelmed by the support and was able to buy a new car.
This story is not just a great example of karma and that most people are good, but if you’re going through a difficult patch in your life, things can all change for you in an instant!
BeReal is a social media app that has exploded in popularity due to its basic features. Users can only post once a day and there are no filters, businesses to follow, ads, or DMs. Users connect with their friends and only see their daily BeReals in their feed. Each BeReal consists of a two-way photo with a selfie, with the option to add a short caption and for friends to react with a “RealMoji” (a photo of themselves) or comment.
The app had 920,000 monthly active users in early 2022, which grew to 73.5 million by August, with 90% of users being under 35. BeReal is not addictive and has no algorithm to keep users scrolling, making it a safe and limited way for people to stay connected online.
A woman in England has been taking old, worn out leather couches that usually end up in a landfill and sewing them into designer handbags! She sews 6-10 leather bags each week and she estimates she’s saved about 20 sofas from ending up in a landfill in the last year and a half! While she earns between $30 to $240 for each bag she sells, she says she does it to save these couches from the landfill.
Humans have three types of fat: brown, beige, and white. Brown fat burns calories to create heat, while white fat stores excess sugar and carbs, leading to health issues.
Researchers have found a way to turn white fat cells into brown fat cells, and injecting these cells cured diabetes and metabolic disorders in overweight sheep. Researchers also discovered a cell surface receptor called GPR3 that increases the calorie-burning activity of brown fat cells.
Cold exposure increases brown fat tissue and finding ways to increase brown fat could help combat obesity.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesA new patch/treatment for kids with peanut allergies, monitor your blood pressure with your phone, and the potential of fungi to absorb carbon
- Feel Good Friday StoriesMore efficient solar panels, a 90% successful cancer treatment and an AI discovered antibiotic!
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!