From a revolutionary new style of battery production to an invention that could help protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories from this week!
From Eli Lily and Co Press Release
Starting in the fourth quarter, Eli Lilly and Co will reduce the prices of its insulin by 70%. This is huge as more than 30 million Americans have diabetes and over 25% depend on insulin.
Last year, Yale researchers found that 14% of insulin users in the US face “catastrophic” costs for treatment, and at least 40% of their remaining money after housing and food expenses goes towards insulin payments. This announcement is huge for all those affected.
From Good News Network
A new Silicon Valley startup is using 3D printers to print solid-state batteries that could revolutionize the battery industry. Solid-state batteries are non-flammable, easily recyclable, workable in extreme cold, and having greater energy density.
This method uses 40% less material than traditional methods, can charge batteries to 80% in just 15 minutes, and manufacture 100 megawatt hours of batteries in a year, a significant increase compared to older equipment that produces 2.5 megawatt hours per year.
This could change the battery industry and energy usage.
TikTok announced this week that they’ll be putting a limit on screen time for those under 18! If teens want to keep using the app, they’ll need to enter a passcode to continue. As long as parents make sure they set up a passcode in the app, this could help alleviate some of the mental health issues caused by constant social media usage.
From Good News Network
New ‘airbag jeans’ have been developed that would inflate in the case of an accident. Once the rider gets thrown from their bike, a protective air cushion is deployed! These jeans can be reusable and the cushion cartridges are replaceable. The company plans to release these jeans starting this Summer.
According to their crowdfunding, “the airbag covers new areas on the lower body—areas previously unprotected from impact hits, such as the thighs, the rear part of the body, and especially the tailbone.”
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesA new patch/treatment for kids with peanut allergies, monitor your blood pressure with your phone, and the potential of fungi to absorb carbon
- Feel Good Friday StoriesMore efficient solar panels, a 90% successful cancer treatment and an AI discovered antibiotic!
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!