From a church pastor who helped pay off school lunch debt to a new device that could restore movement for those paralyzed, here are some fun, positive news stories from this past week!
A North Carolina pastor named Dickie Spargo recently came across an article about the growing number of kids whose school lunch accounts remained unpaid, and that families owe a total of $13,000 in his county. In less than two weeks they raised $23,000, which will help pay off student lunch debt for the year and the rest will go towards paying off debt for the next school year!
A 3D-printed hotel is set to be built in Texas, designed by Swedish architect Bjarke Ingels and printed by Austin-based company ICON. The hotel will feature an infinity pool, outdoor bathhouse and kitchen, and an art exhibition hall. 3D printing offers significant cost savings and strength benefits, with costs up to 30% less than traditional methods and structures up to 350% stronger. The hotel is set to begin construction in 2024 and will feature skylights in all rooms to provide unobstructed views of the night sky.
A Finnish company has developed a carbon-negative replacement for cement in concrete using that absorbs more carbon than cement. The technology extracts CO2 from the air and deposits it into the slag, which is then used to make concrete. The technology reduces CO2 emissions compared to traditional cement by 45%!
Scientists in the UK have developed a device that can help restore arm and leg movements to people who are paralyzed. The device is made up of a combination of flexible electronics and stem cells, and works by boosting connections between neurons and the paralyzed limbs. While more research and testing is needed before the device can be used in humans, it is a promising development for people who have lost limb function due to injury or illness.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesA new patch/treatment for kids with peanut allergies, monitor your blood pressure with your phone, and the potential of fungi to absorb carbon
- Feel Good Friday StoriesMore efficient solar panels, a 90% successful cancer treatment and an AI discovered antibiotic!
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!