Earth Day is this Saturday and locals are getting ready to clean the Capital Region! If you’re wondering what you can do to help celebrate in the Capital Region here are some ways you can get involved!
1. Participate in a community clean-up: Several organizations in Albany, NY organize community clean-up events on Earth Day. You can participate in these events and help remove litter and plastic from parks, roadsides, and other areas.
2. Attend an Earth Day festival or event: Every year, several Earth Day festivals and events are organized in Albany, NY. These events usually feature live music, environmental talks, and workshops on sustainability. Attending these festivals or events is a great way to learn about environmental sustainability and connect with other like-minded individuals. Like the event at the Albany Pine Bush Preserve tomorrow where they plan to have a variety of activities for kids to learn about Earth Day taking place throughout the preserve from 9am -12 noon, reservations are required.
3. Plant a tree: Planting a tree is a simple yet effective way to celebrate Earth Day. You can either plant a tree on your property or participate in a community tree-planting event to make a larger impact. Your kids can do just that at the Earth Day event at Colonie Center on Saturday, April 22nd from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM near L.L. Bean. Children will get the opportunity to plant seeds and take them home to watch them grow!
4. Reduce your carbon footprint: On Earth Day, you can make a pledge to reduce your carbon footprint by opting for environmentally-friendly practices. For example, you can switch to energy-efficient light bulbs or reduce your plastic consumption by using reusable bags and water bottles.
5. Support local producers: Another way to celebrate Earth Day is by supporting local farmers and producers. By purchasing produce from local farmers, you can reduce the carbon footprint associated with food transportation and support local businesses at the same time. This weekend Indian Ladder Farms in Altamont has baby animal days where kids can learn more about their farm animals.
These are just a few ways to celebrate Earth Day in the Capital Region. Remember, Earth Day is not just celebrated on April 22. You can make a conscious effort to be environmentally-friendly all year round. How are you celebrating Earth Day tomorrow?
Feature photo via Pixabay
- Maddie & Tae – Heart They Didn’t Break“Heart They Didn’t Break” is about having friends that are there for you when your heart is broken.
- Should he cancel on his friends or girlfriend?His girlfriend wants to go away the same weekend his friends are coming in from out of town…
- Tyler Hubbard – Back Then Right NowPete Kelly Tyler Hubbard has already had two solo #1’s and today we hear “Back Then Right Now” off his upcoming album,…
- Old Dominion & Megan Moroney – Can’t Break Up Now“Can’t Break Up Now” is about going through struggles but knowing that breaking up isn’t an option.
- How can he get his wife to stop?His wife is trying to become an influencer and he wants her to return to reality.
- Luke Combs – Where The Wild Things Are“Where The Wild Things Are” is about a close brother who rode an Indian Scout, moved away and lost his life on the bike he loved.
- Zach Bryan & Kacey Musgraves – I Remember EverythingZach Bryan & Kacey Musgraves debuted at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “I Remember Everything”!
- Do they need to pay his parking fine?These friends traveled for a show and his friend got his car towed, and now wants help paying for it.
- Walker Hayes – Good With Me“Good With Me” shares his feelings that, despite everyone fighting with each other, we have a lot more in common than we think.
- What can he do about his son and his friends?His teen and his friends are keeping him up all night but his wife doesn’t seem to mind.
- Should he ask out his patient?They flirt when she visits, but he doesn’t want to make her uncomfortable.
- Is their teen stealing things?A bunch of new things have shown up in his room. What can they do?
- What can she do about her roommate’s dog?Her roommate adopted a dog that continues to chew up her stuff.
- What would you do with an extra $1000?Would you spend it on bills, something for yourself or your family?