From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to a link between phone calls and reduced depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories from this week!
New Solution For Water In Desert Regions (Good News Network)
Entrepreneurs in Jordan have developed a machine that can extract water from desert air that could help address the water scarcity problems in desert regions. The machine, about the size of an air conditioner, can harvest nine gallons of water per day in a desert climate with 20% humidity, with water purity levels higher than bottled water.
Ants Can Detect Cancer In 30 Minutes (Freethink)
Researchers in Paris have trained ants to detect the scent of cancer cells. The ants were trained to distinguish between human cancer cells, a growth medium and empty tubes, using a sugar as a reward. The ants were then trained to differentiate between healthy and cancerous cells, and between two different cancer cell lines.
The researchers found that the ants were comparable to dogs in their detection abilities, but with much shorter training times and lower maintenance costs. The researchers believe that ants could be used in a range of odor detection tasks.
English Home Can Adapt To The Seasons (Good News Network)
A three-bedroom home in England features a moving ‘wooden casing’ that can adapt to changing weather by exposing its glass in summer and closing back up in winter. The home doesn’t need to take any power from the national grid, and the shell can be removed entirely to create a “free-standing barn,” according to it’s architect.
Phone Calls Help Depression And Loneliness (Freethink)
Researchers conducted a randomized controlled trial and found that “Sunshine Calls” – phone calls made by volunteers to older people – led to significant improvements in loneliness and symptoms of depression, anxiety, and overall mental wellbeing.
☀️ More Feel Good Stories:
- Feel Good Friday StoriesA new patch/treatment for kids with peanut allergies, monitor your blood pressure with your phone, and the potential of fungi to absorb carbon
- Feel Good Friday StoriesMore efficient solar panels, a 90% successful cancer treatment and an AI discovered antibiotic!
- Feel Good Friday StoriesParalyzed Man Walks Again, Fuel By Sunshine & Shredded Diapers In Concrete!
- Good News Stories!Teacher Honored, Old Building Turned Into Farm & Plastic Eating Enzymes Found!
- Boosting Brain Growth In Children, Hypersonic Flights & Destroying “Forever Chemicals”Walnuts fighting ADHD, Hydrogen hypersonic flights, and “forever chemicals” could become a thing of the past!
- Free Food For Healthcare Workers, New “Anxiety Gene” & More!Good news! New roads that charge as you drive on them, a newly discovered “anxiety gene”, and free lunches for healthcare workers!
- Free Recycling, New Cancer Treatment & More!Read about a new cancer treatment, companies that recycle devices for free and how your lifestyle is more important than genetics!
- Ants Detecting Cancer, Home Adapts To Seasons & More!From a machine that can extract gallons of water out of the air to phone calls reducing depression and anxiety, here are some good news stories!
- Houseplants For Your Health, Efficient EV Batteries & More!From kids shoes that expand as feet grow to a new massive battery recycling center, here are some good news stories from this week!
- Find A Dog’s Owner With Your Phone, New Shoreline Protection & MoreFrom NASA’s new Mars helicopter breaking records to new tech could eliminate the need for AC, here are some good news stories!
- A 3D Printed Hotel, Carbon Negative Concrete & More!From a pastor who paid off school lunch debt to a new device that restores movement for the paralyzed, here are good news stories from this past week!
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- More Graduates, Low Unemployment & More!From unemployment being at a 50 year low to more students graduating high school, here are some good news stories!
- Grass Buildings, Kite Cargo Ships & More!Is grass a better building material than wood? Kites helping cargo ships? Read about some great news stories this week!
- Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!